Call for papers : ‘Outcast voices: reflections on the marginalized, the exiled and the secondary in classical and modern Arabic culture.’
The Department of Arabic Language and Literature of the University of Haifa, Israel, will hold an international conference on January 10-12, 2017, on the following theme: ‘Outcast voices: reflections on the marginalized, the exiled and the secondary in classical and modern Arabic culture.’
They invite proposals for papers that take an innovative and interdisciplinary approach to explore this issue in the realm of the following themes:
- Theoretical and philosophical reflections on the marginalized, the exiled and the secondary in classical and modern Arabic culture.
- Classical and modern secondary perceptions of the Qurān.
- Classical and modern secondary perceptions of the Ḥadīth traditions.
- Literature: Marginalized poets; secondary literature; exiled authors; eccentric characters.
- Carnivalesque elements in art and literature.
- The clown, the saint and the social reformer.
- Language, Linguistics and Dialects: marginal languages and dialects.
- Poetics and Literary Criticism: secondary poetics and literary critical thoughts.
- Philosophy: ostracized philosophers, secondary philosophical thought.
- The Craft of Medicine: quackery and charlatans.
- Historiography: “detached” historical writings; secondary observations on history; suppressed historical narratives.
- Movements: marginalized social and religious groups.
- Voices of Ambiguity: faces of wisdom under masks of madness.
- Official languages of the conference: English and Arabic.
- Proposals should include an abstract not exceeding 300 words, a brief curriculum vitae of the participant, email address, and telephone number.
- Proposals should be emailed as attachments in MS Word or PDF to the organizers of the conference: Dr. Masud Hamdan at (firstname.lastname@example.org); and Dr. Jalal abd Alghani at (email@example.com).
- The deadline for submissions is April 30, 2016.
You will find more informations in the following document: