Round-table: ‘L’islam de France’ – 17/02/2016 (Paris)
The iReMMO (Institut de recherche et d’études Méditerranée Moyen-Orient), organizes a round-table with Robert Bistolfi, Haoues Seniguer et Ismahane Chouder to discuss the book ‘L’islam de France’ (The Islam of France) on Wednesday 17th of February 2016.
Publisher presentation: The central pages of this issue of Confluences Méditerranée had just been written when the terrorist attacks of November 13 of 2015 caused choc and horror. Despite the deep change they induced in the current state of our word, the title and the content of these pages were kept unchanged. The texts gathered here shed diverse and sometimes contradictory lights on what is Islam in France, but they do not aim for exhaustivity ; their point is to give reason some analyse tools. Because it is reason, after the unsettling emotions triggered by these events, that will have to enlighten the future.
- Haoues Seniguer, lecturer at sciences Po Lyon and researcher at the laboratory Triangle, UMR 5206, Lyon and member of the redaction committee of Confluences Méditerranée.
- Ismahane Chouder, president of the association Féministes Pour l’Egalité.
- Romain Sèze, researcher at the Institut National des Hautes Etudes de la Sécurité et de la Justice.
- Robert Bistolfi, former CEO of the European Union, independant researcher and member of the redaction committee of Confluences Méditerranée.
- Place: iReMMO, 7 rue des Carmes, 75005 Paris (Métro Maubert-Mutualité)
- Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2016, from 6.30 to 8.30 pm
- Fare: 5 euros (normal) / 3 euros (reduced fare)
- You can register online here (please note that this event will be held in French)
- Webpage of the event : http://www.iremmo.org/spip/spip.php?article691