Round-table: ‘Retour sur l’histoire tourmentée de l’Iran’ – 10/02/16, Paris
The iReMMO (Institut de recherche et d’études Méditerranée Moyen-Orient), organizes a round-table with Farhad Khosrokhavar, Mohsen Mottaghi, Saeed Paivandi and Clément Therme to discuss the book ‘Retour sur l’histoire tourmentée de l’Iran’ (A review of Iran tormented history), on Wednesday 10th of February 2016.
Publisher presentation: This book gather a number of texts written by Farhad Khosrokhavar recounting the Iranian revolution from its beginnings up until now. The texts, slightly re-written for the presentation, deal with the topics of women, intellectuals, young people, democratization, civil society. On the whole, they try to demonstrate the mutation occuring in the Iranian society and its secularization, despite the crushing presence of a theocratic state that creates obstacles on the path of a long-run opening of this society towards pluralism.
- Farhad Khosrokhavar, study director at the EHESS and director of the Centre d’Analyse et d’Intervention Sociologiques (CADIS, EHESS-CNRS). His research topics include the sociology of contemporary Iran and the sociological and anthropological problems of Islam in France.
- Mohsen Mottaghi, PhD of the EHESS.
- Saeed Paivandi, teacher and director of the Laboratoire des sciences de l’éducation et de la communication (LISEC) of the Université de Lorraine (Nancy 2).
- Moderator: Clément Therme, associated researcher at the EHESS and member of the iReMMO.
- Place: iReMMO, 7 rue des Carmes, 75005 Paris (Métro Maubert-Mutualité)
- Date: Wednesday, February 10, 2016, from 6.30 to 8.30 pm
- Fare: 5 euros (normal) / 3 euros (reduced fare)
- You can register online here (please note that this event will be held in French)
- Webpage of the event : http://www.iremmo.org/spip/spip.php?article680